Definitions and Notification of Changes
CMUK may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by CMUK. Your continued use of crafters.market after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- You must be 18 years of age or older. If you are not you will not be able to enter into a legally binding contract to buy or sell via CMUK.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- You agree to pay the fees as per the terms you have selected.
- In the event of account closure, all subscriptions and fees are non-refundable.
- You agree to pay the payment processing fees as outlined by our secure payment provider, Stripe.
- When choosing PLUS membership, by agreeing to these terms you are agreeing for CMUK to set up a continuous card payment.
- CMUK reserves the right to cancel, close or amend a subscription period or fee at any time without explanation.
- CMUK is not obligated to issue refunds.
Behaviour & community
- You must not use CMUK for any illegal or unauthorized purpose and you agree to comply with all ‘local’ laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content such as libel law and must comply with all local jurisdiction.
- You must not breach any laws, sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trade mark or other rights of third parties.
- You must not threaten, intimidate, harass or otherwise abuse any other CMUK user.
- You are responsible for maintaining that the content you submit is your own and is not owned by others.
- You are solely responsible for your behaviour and conduct on CMUK including use of all content and data including images [graphics and photos], audio and video clips, links and text [such as conversations] that you post to the CMUK website.
- You must not modify or adapt or ‘hack’ CMUK or seek to create another website or communication to users that implies it is associated to CMUK
- You must not produce unwanted communications [spam] to other users of CMUK.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not transmit or seek to transmit any viruses or any code that seeks to alter the behaviour of the CMUK site or that is in any way destructive.
We want to encourage a positive and supportive community. In order to promote a healthy and supportive space for people to discuss relevant issues the following behaviour is not permitted (including on our social media pages).
- No personal attacks
- No personally identifying information that cannot be found publicly elsewhere
- No racist, sexist or hateful content
- No spam or promotion of other competitor services
- No vulgarity
- No “trolling” (inflammatory or off-topic messages – for a definition of troll see this wikipedia entry)
- No defamation of others
- No bringing CMUK into disrepute
- If anyone is found to be behaving in ways described above their account may be suspended or deleted and their content removed.
- Under no circumstances will Crafters Market UK be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of CMUK regardless of the form of action.
- CMUK is solely providing an online platform for other companies to sell their goods. CMUK has no Liability (and there is no basis for any present or future action, suit, proceeding, hearing, investigation, charge, complaint, claim, or demand against any of them giving rise to any Liability) arising out of any injury to individuals or property as a result of the ownership, possession, or use of any product sold through the site.
Goods for Sale
- Everything listed as handmade must be made and/or designed by you, the seller. Products listed as handmade must not be deemed to have been produced through “mass production” methods and must be the original design or produce of the seller.
- You must not list prohibited items.
- You, [the vendor], are solely responsible for ensuring your products comply with british trading standards regulations. CMUK reserves the rights to remove listed items that have been proved not to be compliant with trading standards.
- You are responsible for ensuring your products are safe for consumers and where necessary, carry the UKCA/CE marking with appropriate testing.
- Crafter’s Market does not have any legal responsibility for the product you have listed within your shop and by agreeing to these terms you are legally responsible for ensuring it meets all legal requirements.
- All sellers must hold the trademark or copyright permission of the products they sell. If a seller is found to be using or breaching another parties copyright or trademark they take full legal responsibility of doing so and can have their account closed without notice. CMUK does not hold any legal responsibility over sellers selling or distributing products that contain another parties copyright or trademark and this responsibility lies with the seller solely.
Content and Copyright
- In using CMUK, you allow CMUK the right to re-use, edit, modify, re-purpose and re-publish the content. “You” retain rights over copyright of all such content yet provide a license for CMUK to use this content both on and offline in perpetuity.
- You must not post, list or upload false, inaccurate, misleading or defamatory content (including personal information).
- You must not copy, modify, or distribute CMUK’s copyrighted works or trade marks, or other content from the Site, without our express consent.
- Your content must be your own original work which you have the right to make available and is not defamatory, does not infringe any law and indemnify CMUK against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Crafter’s Market UK as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
Sales and Returns
- You must pay for items purchased by you, unless the seller has made a clear typographical error or you cannot authenticate the seller’s identity. You and you alone are liable for paying the seller if you commit to buy an item.
- You as the seller agree to ensure that you deliver the products you have listed within your shop policies within the time frame provided.
- You must explicitly state whether you have a returns policy or obey the local laws for the areas in which you sell your goods.
- CMUK does not handle any shipping, returns or refunds nor will be held accountable for a sellers failure to provide the products they have listed.
- You must be able to form a legally binding contract of sale to be a member of CMUK. This restricts membership to those of 18 years of age or under.
Data and Privacy
- You must not collect information about users, including email addresses, without their express consent.
- You must not hold multiple accounts in order to sell the same goods as this constitutes ‘spam’ and unfair manipulation of the CMUK service.
- You must not solicit for new business on CMUK or use CMUK to send unsolicited communications except to ask or inform others about CMUK business (items, postage etc.). Any such action will result in your account being deleted.
Changes to the Service
- CMUK retains the right to terminate or change the service for any reason at any time without notice.
Marketing and Linking
- You shall not link out from CMUK from your own shop or other selling platform. CMUK is to be primarily used as a platform for selling and not as a lead generator / marketing platform for your own site.